Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Stocking Stuffer

I'm not big into celebrating Christmas... I didn't grow up with it, and I am not a Christian. But I break down and exchange gifts with a couple of friends of mine, who delight in being creative with their gift-giving.

T's gift really took the cake this year. Behold the Banana Bunker.


Now as it happens, I'm making a concerted effort to eat more bananas these days (I used to hate them), so this is actually pretty useful. At first glance though, it looks like something other than protective casing for a banana, and because of this, I'm afraid to leave it lying around at home... so I've decided that it's better if I take it with me everywhere. I mean it looks a little better when it's fulfilling its intended purpose....

Now I'm taking it around with me regularly, I had to introduce it at work. So one afternoon about a week ago, I casually took it out of my bag and removed a banana from it as I was talking to a co-worker. A moment passed, then she asked, "Did you just take that banana out of protective casing?" I replied that I had indeed. I handed it over, and let her laugh at it. Hey, I sit across from her! Which means that she will be seeing a lot of the banana bunker.

Then there's when I'm on the subway. I have to be mindful of the placement of it in my bag, because when I open it it looks like this, which has earned me some looks already:



All this, for my daily quota of potassium and magnesium. Thanks, T :)





2 comments:

  1. You think I'm funny. Holy shit, woman. I almost blew my yogurt across the room. (Yes, it was yogurt, strawberry yogurt.)

    ReplyDelete