Monday, March 1, 2010

Ever heard a squirrel sneeze?

A couple years ago, on a nice spring day, I was sitting in Washington Square Park on a bench on my own. All of a sudden, I heard from behind me a high-pitched and rather loud noise that scared the crap out of me and made me jump about a foot in the air. I turned around, and lo and behold, there was a little squirrel standing behind me, who had just sneezed.

Ok. So that was one of the weirdest noises I'd heard to date. I was relating this to someone last night when we were walking past that same bench in Washington Square Park, and she gave me the idea of looking up a squirrel sneezing on YouTube.

Take a look at the first thing that comes up when you google "squirrel" and "sneeze" on google:
http://vickiporter.wordpress.com/2007/08/06/when-a-squirrel-sneezes/

At least it was a girl squirrel.

2 comments: