Tuesday, March 4, 2008

KY Brand Sensual Evening Wash


This caught my eye one morning at the pharmacy downstairs. I noticed it behind the counter as I paid, next to the KY lube. What the hell could that be? I thought. I realized I was staring, so I texted my friend to see if she knew. Evening wash, specifically sensual evening wash from the good people at KY. My friend texted back, lubed douche? but no, that made no sense. Why sensuous? Why evening? Was this product meant to be used alone, or in conjunction with someone or something, as with KY's other offerings? I was intriuged, and slightly grossed out.

Next day I was at the pharmacy again (they sell vegan food, and I mostly subsist off of the burritos in their freezer) and looked a little closer. KY Sensual Evening Wash is offered in several varieties: Bali Moonlight, Paris Twilight, and Saphire Glow. This mystified me completely.

Now mind you, very little embarrases me. I could go up to the guy behind the counter and ask for dental dams, a gallon of lube, and an economy-size box of vinyl examination gloves with no compunction. But I don't think I could bring myself to ask for something called "KY's Sensual Evening Wash." So we were going to make one of our guy friends buy it so that we could figure out what the hell it was.

Finally, my friend was able to find some and take a picture. The back was unfortunately obscured with a security label. If you look closely, the words 'to romance' appear on the bottom. Since it is a KY product, I naturally assumed the application was intimate in some way. The best guess I had was that it was a product for girls who didn't want to smell like... well, girls, if you catch my drift. How unfortunate, how un-PC, how disappointing. As my friend who was in on the saga from the beginning put it, how lame.

Now... I realize I was wrong. This is apparently an attempt by KY to expand into the business of aids to sex and romance that reach beyond lubrication.

IT'S SHOWER GEL!!! WHAT THE HELL IS SHOWER GEL DOING BEHIND THE COUNTER NEXT TO THE LUBE?!?!

1 comment: